4-1/2" x 7/8" Type 29 (Conical) Zirconium Flap Disc Grinding Wheels. These flap discs are manufactured using premium VSM Zirconia cloth. The VSM material is superior due to its uniform particle size and premium blend of ingredients. These discs exceed other flap discs by packing 25 to 50% more abrasives on each snipet. In addition, all discs are manufactured on computer controlled machines and subject to numerous tests which ensure high quality and greater safety. The retail price for a pack of 10 discs is $69.99.
Primary Advantages of Zirconia Flap Discs
- Zirconia Flap Discs are a mid-tiered price and provide the best value.
- Zirconia Flap Discs provide a longer life than aluminum oxide flap discs.
- Zirconia Flap Discs provide a more aggressive cut and material removal rate.
- Zirconia Flap Discs are a good choice for heavy grinding in construction applications
- Zirconia Flap Discs work well in general grinding work on ferrous and non-ferrous materials.
- Zirconia Flap Discs remove material faster than ceramic flap discs.
Primary Advantages of Flap Discs
- Flap discs grind and finish at the same time, saving both time and money.
- Flap discs remove material aggresively. Its removal power is equal to depressed cool center wheel but it works safer and offers a better finished surface.
- Flap discs have a lightweight design to reduce operator fatigue.
- Flap discs are easy to use and requires very little surface pressure. Its especially cool cutting permits light contouring and avoids burning work-pieces by overheating.
- Flap discs last up to 30 times longer than conventional fibre discs due to their overlapping flap construction.
- Flap discs assure consistent performance as new particles are continually exposed during the life of the product.
- Flap discs, due to their tough construction, allows for aggresive edge grinding.
- Flap discs in conical shape enables the fullest contact between work-piece and disc surface.